Ducal Palace and Museums of San Marco Square Tickets
With a few clicks you can see the Ducal Palace, the Correr Museum, the National Archaeological Museum and the Monumental Rooms of the Marciana National Library, avoiding long waiting times at the entrances. In the Ducal Palace the path begins with the six rooms of the Opera Museum, then continues in the courtyard which overlooks the suggestive Giant Staircase; then it moves to the upper rooms of the palace where there are the precious rooms of the Doge Apartment and the Institutional Roomsthat develop over three floors, and finally it ends with a visit to the Prisonsand to the Armoury composed of more than 2000 pieces.
Only one ticket - many masterpieces!
- Address: San Marco, 1, Venice, Veneto 31024, Italy - All these museums are located in San Marco Square - Venice.
- Hours: Summer 9am-7pm (until 6pm in winter)
Probably began in the 9th century, the building was damaged by fire and underwent a first big renovation in the 12th century by order of the Doge Sebastiano Ziani. Since 1340, under Doge Bartolomeo Gradenigo, the palace began to assume its present shape but there was another big fire in 1483 that led to the rebuilding of the inner part, followed by the construction of the Giants Staircase, and another in 1574 after which the direction of the works was entrusted to Antonio da Ponte, joined by Andrea Palladio; in the following years also Tiziano and Veronese were called to decorate the interior of the building.
In the early 17th century were added the so-called New Prisons made by Antonio Contin and connected to the Palace by the Ponte dei Sospiri (Bridge of Sighs), so named because it was crossed by the prisoners carried to the cells.
Since 1797 the Palace was no longer used as the Prince and magistrates' seat, but it was used as the seat of administratives offices of the Napoleonic and Hapsburg empires, and in 1923 assumed its current role as a museum.
To see: Opera Museum, courtyard and loggias, Doge Apartment (Scarlatti Hall, Shield Hall, Grimani Hall, Erizzo Hall, Plaster or Priuli Hall, Philosophers Hall, Corner Hall, Portraits Hall and Squires Hall), Institutional Rooms, Bridge of Sighs, New Prisons and the Armoury.
The collection is located in the Napoleonic Wing built in the first half of the 19th century in the place where previously there were the church of San Geminiano and the prolongation of the Old and New Procuraties. Designed by the architects G. A. Antolini, Giuseppe Soli and Lorenzo Santi, and decorated by Giuseppe Borsato, it also hosted the Hapsburg Court, in its frequent visits to Venice so that the building still preserves many of the hallmarks of the Napoleonic and Hapsburg era: architecture, decorations and furniture in neoclassical style.
To see: Giovanni Bellini, Transfiguration (about 1455-1460) - Giovanni Bellini, Dead Christ supported by two angels (about 1460) - Vittore Carpaccio, Man with a red cap (about 1490-1493) - Vittore Carpaccio, Two Venetian ladies (about 1490-1495)
Reduced and free tickets
(valid identity document needed at the entrance)
- Children from 6 to 14 years
- Students from 15 to 25 years
- Tour leaders (max. 2) for groups of children or students
- Citizens over 65 years
- Staff of the Ministry of Heritage and Cultural Activities
- Holders of Rolling Venice Card
- F.A.I. members
- ARCI members
- Cardmembers IKEA FAMILY
- Family Pack: 1 full ticket and the others reduced, for families of two adults and at least one child (from 6 to 18 years)
- School Pack: from the 1st September to the 15 March, for classes of students of all levels accompanied by their teachers with a list of names compiled by the belonging Institute
- Citizens and residents in the Venice Municipality
- ICOM members
- Children from 0 to 5 years
- Disabled people with escort
- Authorized guides and interpreters accompanying groups or individual visitors
- 1 free ticket every 15 tickets with advanced booking
- Civil Service's Volunteers
- Ordinary MUVE partners
- MUVE Friend Card holders
DUCAL PALACE MAP